Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Day in the Woods at Camp (with Jesus)

Our family had a short trip up to WI for a pastor/spouse retreat, and P and I decided to bring Eva with us. We enjoyed the bright fall leaves, the cool winds creating crunchy forest noises, seeing the lake during the day and learning about paths at night, and the full moon and sparkling stars that were out. Eva loved playing with a little girl almost exactly her age (Ela), along with some other kids at the retreat, Ela's grandparents and our friend Hannah (who all graciously helped out from time to time with child care.)

After our whirlwind visit to this new place, complete with the kindness of new friends, exploring new buildings and toys, and walking around with mom and dad amidst north-woods beauty, I told Eva that people come to this camp because we all are part of the same big church, we all love Jesus, and at camp we all learn more about God and make friends. She looked at me, seemed to think about it, and asked again, "All from the same church? All the people know Jesus?"  I answered yes, and we kept on walking. 

That night, and then last night, Eva wanted me to sing her "Jesus Loves Me" at night - which I didn't think much of, even though it is a new song for the bedtime rotation. And now since getting back home, her mealtime prayer has changed from the regular, "Dear God, thank you for food, A-Men!" It has now been replaced with, "Dear God, Jesus loves me, Amen."   I think maybe camp has already started to have its affect of helping my girl meet people who know God and love Jesus - and feel that love in return.  :) And I am feeling grateful.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet. hugs, grammy