Cue momma and girl trekking to the doctor's office this morning, where we promptly received a two-week antibiotic prescription, a sticker for her great behavior, and the attention of several nurses who had never seen lyme disease before and wanted to see what the doctor on call called a "textbook case." Fun morning stop on the way to Eva's friend's house!
Eva is feeling fine, btw; she likes how the amoxicillin tastes and is already showing people her cool bug bite. I told her that usually bug bites don't hurt at all, but sometimes we might need medicine for them. Then she replied, "Ok, I get all better; I go to Leah's house now and play?" :) Obviously she is no worse for the wear.
Here is a (blurry) look at the tell-tale bulls-eye bite; today the doctor said there is no way to know for sure if it IS Lyme disease, but since it's a textbook case-looking rash, he wants to treat it so that in two weeks if it is anything serious, it will be out of her system. We never did see an actual tick or it's head or anything. But I am glad that whatever it was, it will not have the chance to continue to bother Eva. Whew! I am one thankful momma.
1 comment:
Grammy is sad about your sore. Hugs, Grammy
Post a Comment