We just got back into town after a long week traveling to MN, then WI, then MN again, and then back to Chicago. Whew! Eva traveled fairly well, slept amazingly great at every new place, and the weather mostly cooperated (aside from a near-tornado billowing through sleepy Cumberland, WI, where we were staying!) Today has already been consumed with unpacking, cleaning, making grocery plans and babysitter/work plans for the week; and it's only 9am! But we all got a great break this past week and I feel refreshed and re-focused for our dive back into summer!
There are a slew of great photos coming soon... but before I forget, here are a few of my favorite memories from this past week in the form of Eva quoteables.
"Hi Bo! I like your dress!"
To Tim, as he picked her up for a hug, while he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts:
"Want to play me? Want to go with me?"
To everyone, all day, most days.
"I hear a frog! I hear it! I hear it! Shhh. Quiet."
Said while running toward the lake shore, with her hands on her face to help her 'be quiet' to find the frog.
"Awwww. Hi kitty! Awwww. She's coot! She's coot! Awwww. Come here Meow, Meow. Come here. Up the stairs with me Meow, Meow."
Said while playing with a stray kitty Peter found and brought home; Eva named her Meow Meow and spent quite a while walking up and down the front stairs with her, clapping and explaining how cute she was.
"Good job Megs! Good job fishin'."
Said to the fishing queen, after she caught a crappie.
"I will miss you! But I will see you again soon. You come again? You come play me again?"
Said to Grammy and Gramps as we were leaving.
1 comment:
It was a great week. We are so glad everyone enjoyed the cabin offerings. Lake, fishing, swimming, being with favorite people. Now, what can be better? Glad everyone could join us and make great memories. Love, Grammy and Gramps
Post a Comment