I have been pretty surprised at several phrases coming out of my little girl's mouth this week. I don't know if it's her super smart babysitter, my amazing mothering skills, or the influence of Sesame Street kicking in, but I have been wondering -when did she learn to talk like this?
- This morning she greeted me with, "Hi Mommy! I love you! Time to play - come with me."
- After her nap, she yelled, "I have poopy diaper. Change now."
- At lunch, she made up a song (that she sang at the top of her lungs) that included the phrases, "me and you play together," and "puppy and goose and goat play in the park. Goat and goose eat outside." (Recently she loves seeing the geese peck around for food in the snow in the park, and she's always loved puppies - and I don't know where the goat came from, probably from one of her fave puzles?)
- Before leaving the house with her dad for a walk (wearing her adorable sunglasses and pink mittens), she confided in me, "I walk with daddy now. Daddy stand on feet. Eva walk too."
????
Complex ideas and sentences, made up several phrases, made up of a bunch of words? What is going on?
Yep, I love it. Can't wait to communicate with my girl even more.
2 comments:
Real cute miss Eva, almost two and eyes of blue! Hugs, Grammy
I don't know if it was just the poopy diaper acknowledgment, or the yelling it, or the demand to "change now", but I was definitely laughing out loud.
Post a Comment