We're heading to Michigan to see Peter's family for Thanksgiving soon and have a holiday break. We'll also be opening Christmas presents with the VerHage side this weekend, so Eva has been busy making gifts and 'helping' me wrap gifts for the Xmas season. While I know some people try to hold off the impending and ever-earlier consumer start to Christmas, I say bring it on! Not the shopping, the hoarding, spending and worrying - but the beauty, the focusing on Advent, the twinkling lights and the fabulous music. I can't tell you how fun it is to have Bing Crosby crooning "What Child is This" through the speakers while I hum along and wrap up treasures and Eva gets stuck in piles of ribbons and colors her cards for people. I LOVE Christmas, and am excited to start teaching her more about what this season is all about this year as she is old enough to experience it much differently then her first Christmas. The holidays are here! And yes, we start early... I LOVE it.
No comments:
Post a Comment