Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Lovin,' Had Me a Blast

It seems like summer is flying by lately - August always seems to do that. We've had a lot of fun these warm months with our newly walking, chatting, happy toddler. And I've learned that as a parent, I definitely enjoy this age more than the newborn stage! It feels like we have this real little girl now - a changing, evolving, learning, responsive, facinating little person that shares every part of life with us. I am slow to adapt to change sometimes (this is funny in its understatement, if you know me well!), but I am grateful that I now feel like I am in a place where I can fully embrace that I am a mom, that I even like being a mom, and most importantly, I LOVE being a mom to Eva and I LOVE seeing Peter be her dad. :) Ah, growth.

I want to remember some of fun things that have shaped our summer and the ways that Eva is changing, so I am compiling some "summer favorites" lists/pics. Here are the first few....

Favorite "firsts" this summer:

- Dance Class ("Everybody Move" infant and toddler sibling class in Evanston), where Eva learned to twirl, sing the rain/thunder/lightening song, and chase her older friend Lily
- morning visits to the library (Budlong Woods) where she was more interested in the other kids than she was in the books
- swimming in a kiddie pool with friends (Izey) and at the cabin
- visiting the playground and learning how to slide down the short slide on her own; watching her love the swings and swinging alongside mommy or daddy


Favorite "everyday moments" from our urban summer life:
- Eva playing out on the deck and entertaining herself (inside her tent, playing hide and seek with mom, watching the puppy and two girls in the yard next door)
- Eva yelling back (loudly) at the ambulance sirens as they drive by outside
- Pointing at the many airplanes that fly overhead (our apartment is located under three routes for planes landing at O'Hare)
- Watching Sesame Street.org video clips when we're inside (Elmo, Destiny's Child, Fiest, and the LaLaLa Song are favorites)

No comments: