Monday, December 13, 2010

It's the Little Things

Little things that have reminded me that our two year old is rapidly growing up lately include:

- needing to dry her long and ever-thickening hair before going to bed at night, and hearing her say, "I have blond hair! It is called blond!"
- having her look at me with her intense lowered eyes face and say, "I am disappointed," when I tell her she can't climb over the couch.
- watching her at an adult birthday party tonight and seeing her introduce herself, ask about the Christmas tree, listen and have conversations with people of all ages, and mostly just blend right in! (well, along with entertaining people, spinning, and dancing during the singing)
- reading her longer and longer books and having them hold her attention
- hearing her remember things from up to a year ago that she recounts in great detail to me
- watching her connect with friends her age and kids a little older with absolute glee - she always goes for hand holding, playing chase together, and laughing while dancing. I can just see her doing this as she gets older!   
- hearing her call me "Mom" sometimes, along with the regular momma/mommy
- hearing her say, "I will do that myself." :)

No comments: