Friday, May 7, 2010

Some Common Eva Phraseologies...



Lately I find myself laughing - hard - at Eva's way of seeing and communicating with the world. (I also find myself getting irritated and wiped out by some of her two-year-old antics - but mostly, its pretty stinking cute!)

Some of these phrases I hear, literally, ten times a day, so I wanted to remember them and her funny little way of talking and interacting with our world. :)

"Okay, buh-bye, see you soon!"
(Said when she is going to leave, for any length of time, including going into her own room if I am still in the kitchen - for example.)

"Socks (or, baby/momma/drum/etc.), wuh-are you?"
(Said while wandering around the house and looking under things, or sometimes after she has hidden something and is purposely making a game of finding it.)

"Where did thot come from?"
(Said in a quizzical tone, whenever she is surprised by something being where it shouldn't be, including - today - wondering where the brightly-colored ear on a new toy came from.)

"Good night momma, love you momma, g'night, see you soon."
(Yelled through her closed door after I tuck her in for a nap/bedtime.)

"Oh Boy!"
(Said all the time, for obvious reasons.)

"Stop it, stop it," or "go away, go away."
(Said when she is being typical two year old and getting upset about something.)

"Dans with me, dans with Eva, in-si-ments, get insiments (instruments)!!
(Said many times a day, or whenever music is on, or she gets an idea for dancing or pretending she is something.)

"HI!! (Yelled full-volume to most strangers we see in the park/grocery store/or off of our deck. Then it's followed up by:) "What's your name?" (which is sometimes followed by:) "I Eva."

"Hi little toes, how are you? What's your name?"
(Said while crouched down on all fours, talking to my painted toenails, which she loves lately :). Yep, our daughter talks to toes.)



(This last photo is Eva playing a new 'instiment' with her dad, where they both make sounds into the "pipe" - aka, her toy broom handle. It's a fave game lately!)

No comments: