Saturday, April 10, 2010

On the First Day After Having My Paper Turned in...

We enjoyed a beautiful Saturday! Warm, sunny, breezy - the perfect kind of day to not be in a basement office!

This morning Peter and Eva made Swedish pancakes and coffee for us all - yum. And I got to see a good friend from Florida visiting the city for mtngs for a Starbucks catch up. We danced a little, laughed a little, and cleaned up a little.





Then this afternoon we took our inaugural ride with the much anticipated.... bike trailer! Eva LOVES riding in it, and Peter said it was fairly easy to pull around. She even liked wearing the helmet. We made a stop at the playground with the big kid slide and the sandbox, two of Eva's favorites. We saw ducks in the river and lots of dogs on the path while we biked. When we got home we chatted with our neighbors and blew bubbles all over the deck.





Tonight I am going to go to bed at a normal time - which will make a record two nights in a row since I went to sleep at 10pm last night. Peter and I might watch tv together. Before that, Eva will watch some Dora, get her sand-caked feet washed in the tub, and I will read her books before putting her to sleep and kissing her sweaty little head. Insert sigh of happiness - here - .

I am feeling so very grateful for all the normal, everyday, ordinary yet extraordinary things today. What a perfect, relaxing, normal Saturday. :) Good job God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the helmet and bike made for fun! Sweet pictures. Love, Grammy and Gramps

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You should be so proud of yourself. You're such a hero!