Friday, January 1, 2010

Good Bye 2009....

Happy New Year Everyone!

After some tastey homeade liquers to celebrate, and recovering from getting our car towed tonight from Lake Shore Drive (bad alternator cut short our downtown drive/sightseeing stops), I started slowing down to reflect some on this past year. It's been a year full of changes and also waiting for change; full of the same everyday and small things right along with the unique and deeply significant events. It's been a complicated year in some ways - but also a very simple one. I think I am ready for 2010, ready to welcome whatever is next.

I've been loving making collages of my fave photos lately, since the visual connection of where we've been and what has happened helps me remember and organize (at least some of) the random thoughts in my head. I find myself looking back at the collages when I can't remember when something happened, or where the time went. So here is our past year in photo review form. :)  2010 - here we come!


Winter 2009:  (photo above) New yrs at our apt, wedding, mtng Linley/Ando/Wyatt, midwinter Sankofa reunion, trip to FL to lead conference, helmet was finished!, a gets very chattery and expressive

Spring 2009: weddings!! fun with family and visits, Izey turns 2, Eva starts to walk, Tim and Megs leave :(

Summer 2009: traveling to the cabin/MN/MI/Door County/all over, discovering stickers and the deck, started house hunting, saw cousin Sarah and visiting godparents, Eva's first sprinkler and paint set, OPRAH!

 Fall 2009: trip to Thailand, fall fun, visits with fam, more Lincoln Park Zoo/Children's museum, Ando's dedication, seeing Eva turn into a comedic little toddler!

No comments: